Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back on my bike

I'm riding to work for the first time in over 6 years! And a year after breaking 4 ribs. It's been a week and I'm very proud to have achieved 6 days in a row on my single speed. Today I pushed my boundaries a little further and cycled from empire bay to woy woy. My legs are paying for it and as I write this from my seat on the long train ride home, I'm psyching myself up for the 7 or do km ride from the station to my car. Commuting with bike has it's challenges. Other commuters don't seem to like me very much especially on tangara trains with no designated bike space. The old smelly trains are better with hooks in some carriages for bikes, bit they are so smelly. Hoping to secure a bike locker at woybwoy next week. Here's to being back on the bike!

2 comments:

  1. dearest gaby, envious of you and your energy. it must of taken you sometime to recover from that fall. received your photo of us. lovely have framed it to remember that very first day.
    best wishes for this year. xx Jill

    ReplyDelete