Thursday, March 6, 2014

Back on my bike in a food way


Life will always take us on unexpected journeys and so it is for me.  Six years after shutting the doors on Jasmine Greens cafe, here I am re-opening Jasmine Greens mark ii, just a block away from the original cafe.  Heeding the encouragement  from my local community, past customers and friends, I have successfully tendered a business plan to Gosford City Council to set-up shop in a brand new purpose-built space in the beautifully re-vitalised Umina Oval and Playground, the Peninsula Recreation Precinct.  It's an opportunity to bring my learnings from running the last cafe, coupled with the experiences I have had over the past six years, to hopefully build a truly sustainable and vibrant food destination and community hub.  To be working back in my local community is a really exciting and settling prospect.  To be providing training and employment opportunities for staff is also really exciting. I hope to update you on the cafe's set-up and general progress through this blog, a little more frequently than I have updated this blog over the past few years.


1 comment:

  1. ...and you've now opened we see! Great coffee!

    ReplyDelete